Thursday, November 20, 2008

Job Update

Okay, I am proud to say that I finally got my car back. Yay!! However, I am still unemployed. I'm trying everything with unemployment. I just got a packet from the unemployment center with the date of my hearing over the phone. Though its exciting to finally get a a date for the hearing its a bit nerve racking. I am scared that first the company I work for will be listening to everything I say. Then I am nervous that I won't get the money. But, I am hoping that I get a job before the hearing, well also that the judge I get will be very understandable and will go in my favor. But, I am learning still. I guess the whole hey I am a ld person (learning disable) is something the judge will need to hear. Yes, for those of you that don't know I am a LD person. I have been my whole life. But, I don't want that to define who I am. We all have our disablities right?!? I really don't let my disablity bother me because I want people to know me for who I am as a person not a person that has a disablity all her life. It was really hard for me for a while to even feel comfortable saying that I have one. I mean all the struggles I had when I was a kid. Then senior year of high school to have a learning disable counsler say to my mom and myself that I wasn't worthy of going to college because of my disablity. My mother and I had to fight againist that counsler just so I could go to college.

I love to say I can instead of I can't. One of the reasons why is because to many people when I was younger said that I couldn't do something. That I can't achieve anything. I have been wanting everyone that believes that to know that I can do something if I put my mind to it. My family of course know this and so do a few people. I don't want to say hey if you want to be my friend I just thought I would tell you upfront that I am a LD person. I feel the same way when people meet my family. Yeah, I am adopted but I don't broadcast it. Just like I don't broadcast to the world that I am a learning disable person. Its like those commercials say I want to be defined as a person not a person of a disablity.

Then after this whole ordeal with the uemployment should I metion that I am a ld person? I guess I can say you have to explain it to me differently cuz, I learn differently.

I look at this struggle as a learning experience though. Its been a blessing in disguise. Because of it I can look at my options. I want to go back to college. I've been thinking what though. I can't do anything about it though. Its something I can think about when I get a job and had the job more than a year. I guess I can stop paying my school loans and just get back into school but have a full time job with benefits. Also I am sick. I got the cold. Stupid I know.

Sorry for the ranting and raving. I just had to get this off my chest. Now that I have it off my chest I don't have to hash it out over and over again. I have said my peace. As soon as I get a job I will let you all know and you know what I am going to do? Besides celebrate and serve others and go Christmas shopping?!? I will probaly been doing my own happy dance. Okay, now being realistic. I will probaly go and want to celebrate me getting a job. Oh to joy on getting a job!

2 comments:

Cami Sullivan said...

I think going back to school is a great idea! Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something- you are smart and very capable. Good luck with your hearing!

Alex said...

Good luck with your hearing. We're hoping it will all turn out well.